Wisslerís Mill

Location: Salem

Status: Viewing only - private residence

Waypoint: Google Map

Summary: The grist mill at Salem Bridge was a three-and-a-half storey stone building erected in 1852-1853. In 1899 lightning struck the mill, cracking the wall next to the river and resulting in most of the wall being washed downstream. In 1924, fire completely destroyed the mill but it was quickly rebuilt.

After several owners, the mill was closed in 1965, but the site has recently been converted into a private residence and offers a spectacular view of the Irvine River and the gorge.