Groves Mill

Location: Fergus

Status: Open to the public as a pub and B&B

Waypoint: Google Map

Summary: This stone building on the banks of the Grand in Fergus was originally built in the 1850s as the Watson Tannery. By 1880 it had become the Groves Grist Mill and Electric Light Plant. Dr. Abraham Groves provided the first electrical lighting to the village, while running his grist mill operation from the same building.

Located directly across the river from the Farmers Market, today’s Brewhouse Pub & Inn is one of many historic stone buildings in Fergus that are open to the public.